NPK Biofertilizer Poisoning and its Management: A Case Report

    Published on:August 2022
    Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2022; 14(3):345-346
    Case Report | doi:10.5530/jyp.2022.14.69
    Authors:

    Sarvajeet Khare1, Nishi Sheth1,*, Zeeshan Ali3, Naveen Sharma2, Jitendra Vaghasiya4

    1Sumandeep Vidhyapeeth, Piparia, Vadodara, Gujarat, INDIA.

    2Amity institute of Pharmacy, Amity University ,Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA.

    3Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy, Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA.

    4Parul institute of Pharmacy, Parul University, Vadodara, Gujarat, INDIA.

    Abstract:

    NPK Biofertilizer are used for agricultural purpose to increase the crop yield. If swallowed in small amount they are poisonous and harmful to human health. Containing certain macronutrients such nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium can cause severely ill effects in the body and lead to life threating conditions. A 22-year-old female patient came to emergency ward with the complaints of abdominal pain with burning sensation, nausea, dizziness and giddiness. poisonous intoxication was removed out by gastric lavage. Patient was treated with includes inj. Ceftriaxone (1g) IV 12 hourly used as infection prophylaxis, Inj NS. 0.9%+ 3 ampule optineuron IV 12 hourly for rehydration, Inj. Pantoprazole (40) IV 12 hourly as antacid, Inj Emset 4cc IV 12 hourly as anti-emetic and Inj. Atropine 1 ampule as an antidote. Here there is case report of NPK Biofertilizer poisoning describing the severity and timely related treatment intoxication with poisonous substance.

    Keywords: NPK Poisoning, Biofertilizer, Fertilizer, Poisonous intoxication.

    Article Download

     

    Ad

     

    Navigation